Tuhfat Ul Atfal Course
Expert recitation requires mastery of both Tajweed Rules and their application in recitation. This course is designed for students fourteen and older who can already read the Qur’an but are not familiar with the rules of Tajweed, and for those students who would like to review the rules they have previously covered.
This eight week course will cover the following topics:
- Pronunciation of Letters (Makharij)
- Characteristics of Letters (Sifat)
- Rules of Noon Sakinah and Tanween
- Rules of Meem Sakinah
- Laam Shamsiyyah and Qamariyyah
- Idgham (Merging) Between Letters
- Madd Al Badal and Madd ‘Arid li Sukoon
- Madd Jai’z Munfasil and Madd Wajib Muttasil
- Al Madd Al Lazim
Each class session will be 60 minutes.
Students will be assigned written homework in the form of worksheets after each class.
Students who register for this class will receive:
- One hour of instruction time per week
- A course workbook
- Access to recordings of all eight classes
- Final exam to assess understanding
For the Winter 2020 Session, class will be held on Saturdays at 9:15 a.m. Eastern Time/2:15 p.m. UK time
Cost: $75 USD for 8 week course