Tuhfat Ul Atfal Course
Expert recitation requires mastery of both Tajweed Rules and their application in recitation. This course is designed for students fourteen and older who can already read the Qur’an but are not familiar with the rules of Tajweed, and for those students who would like to review the rules they have previously covered.
This eight week course will cover the following topics:
- Rules of Noon Sakinah and Tanween
- Rules of Meem Sakinah
- Laam Shamsiyyah and Qamariyyah
- Idgham (Merging) Between Letters
- Madd Al Badal and Madd ‘Arid li Sukoon
- Madd Jai’z Munfasil and Madd Wajib Muttasil
- Al Madd Al Lazim
Each class session will include 40 minutes of theory and 20 minutes of group practice of the rule(s) covered in that session.
Students will be assigned worksheets after each class. The teacher will check and provide feedback on worksheets each week.
Students who register for this class will receive:
- One hour of instruction time per week
- A course workbook
- Access to recordings of all eight classes
- Weekly feedback from teacher on submitted homework
- Final exam to assess understanding
For the Summer 2019 Session, class will be held on Sundays at 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time/5:30 p.m. UK time/11:30 p.m. Singapore
Cost: $75 USD for 8 week course